1. Acidulous: [adjective] somewhat acid or harsh in taste or manner.
Acidulous, Adjective, Acid
2. Acidulous synonyms, Acidulous pronunciation, Acidulous translation, English dictionary definition of Acidulous
3. Moderately acid or tart; sharp; caustic: an Acidulous critique Not to be confused with: assiduous – constant; persevering; unremitting: assiduous
Acid, An, Acidulous, Assiduous
4. Corresponding to Judge Posner's Acidulous view of the judge as a kind of bureaucrat of modest abilities, hurrying to get through the day's work, is a view of the scholar as a prima donna motivated to astonish at whatever cost to common sense: the judge as tired old man and the scholar as enfant terrible.
Acidulous, As, Abilities, Astonish, At, And
5. What does Acidulous mean? Slightly sour in taste or in manner
6. Find 20 ways to say Acidulous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Acidulous, Along, Antonyms, And, At
7. Slightly sour; sub-acid; sourish; as, an Acidulous tincture
Acid, As, An, Acidulous
8. The hard, Acidulous, metallic tincture of the spring (figuratively) Sharp; caustic
9. 1931, William Somerset Maugham, His Excellency He talked with Acidulous tolerance of the exalted personages who had sent Ashenden to X
10. Acidulous: 1 adj being sour to the taste Synonyms: acid , acidic , acidulent sour having a sharp biting taste
Acidulous, Adj, Acid, Acidic, Acidulent
11. Because the salesclerk spoke to me in an Acidulous tone, I chose to take my business elsewhere
12. Jim apologized because he didn’t realize his comment was Acidulous and hurtful to Rachel
Apologized, Acidulous, And
13. If the drink is Acidulous and bitter, it’s because I …
14. ‘The rind is rough and woolly and the flesh harsh and unpalatable, with an astringent, Acidulous taste.’ ‘Our citric acid is a natural, odourless and colourless crystalline substance with a …
And, An, Astringent, Acidulous, Acid
15. Acidulous definition: rather sour Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
16. ‘The rind is rough and woolly and the flesh harsh and unpalatable, with an astringent, Acidulous taste.’ ‘Our citric acid is a natural, odourless and colourless crystalline substance with a …
And, An, Astringent, Acidulous, Acid
17. A slightly Acidulous drink that is far more refreshing than the overly sweet iced tea that is also available a gently Acidulous writing style that never becomes annoying Recent Examples on the Web Here, Mankiewicz, working for the first time in color—in a palette on the edge of the alluring and the Acidulous —relies on a determinedly moving
Acidulous, Also, Available, Annoying, Alluring, And
18. Acidulously synonyms, Acidulously pronunciation, Acidulously translation, English dictionary definition of Acidulously
19. Moderately acid or tart; sharp; caustic: an Acidulous critique Not to be confused with: assiduous – constant; persevering; unremitting: assiduous
Acid, An, Acidulous, Assiduous
20. Dictionary entry overview: What does Acidulous mean? • Acidulous (adjective) The adjective Acidulous has 1 sense:
21. Being sour to the taste Familiarity information: Acidulous used as an adjective is very rare.
Acidulous, As, An, Adjective
22. Seldom has a more Acidulous portrait of the city been drawn by one of its preeminent members
23. A bright and steady colour, it charms by its bouquet which intermarries red fruit with a light Acidulous taste
24. He wanted to cancel the project — unless I was willing to expand my introduction, incorporating some of the Acidulous commentary into a calmer treatment of the matter.
25. Gillian Keith fizzed skittishly and effortlessly as Zerbinetta, an Acidulous sop to Orla Boylan's munificent, creamy but variably toned Ariadne.
And, As, An, Acidulous, Ariadne
26. 87 Kevin Williams Yellow Elder Primary School, Nassau, The Bahamas Acidulous Acidulous 88 Aisha Randhawa The Press-Enterprise, Riverside, California agua fresca agua fresca 89 Jonnen Messer Ramstein Middle School, Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany serviette serviette 90 Anish Tejomurtula Dunedin Highland Middle School, Dunedin, Florida Valparaiso
Acidulous, Aisha, Agua, Anish
27. " Acidulous ": examples and translations in context
28. The fruits, that have an Acidulous taste, are locally consumed raw or utilized for juices, jams, and alcoholic beverages
An, Acidulous, Are, And, Alcoholic
29. 11 synonyms for Acidulous: acerb, acerbic, acetous, acid, dry, sour, tangy, tart, acidulent, acid
Acidulous, Acerb, Acerbic, Acetous, Acid, Acidulent
30. Definition of Acidulous adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Acidulous, Adjective, Advanced
31. Find words for Acidulous in Spanish in this Spanish-English dictionary
32. Definition of Acidulous adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
Acidulous, Adjective, Advanced, American
33. Synonyms for Acidulous include acid, sour, tart, acerbic, acidic, acerb, acrid, pungent, tartish and vinegary
Acidulous, Acid, Acerbic, Acidic, Acerb, Acrid, And
34. The most voted sentence example for Acidulous is The sulphurous acid evolved de
35. How to say Acidulous in English? Pronunciation of Acidulous with 2 audio pronunciations, 7 synonyms, 2 meanings, 7 translations and more for Acidulous.
Acidulous, Audio, And
36. As adjectives the difference between sour and Acidulous is that sour is having an acidic, sharp or tangy taste while Acidulous is slightly sour; sub-acid; sourish; as an Acidulous tincture - edmund burke
As, Adjectives, And, Acidulous, An, Acidic, Acid
37. I don’t know if anything can save you from seven years of Buddhism at this point, but you might try, before you proceed any further, Volume I, Chapter 1, of Leszek Kolakowski, Main Currents of Marxism, “The Origin of the Dialectic,” and the marvelous, Acidulous work …
Anything, At, Any, And, Acidulous
38. Acidulous - WordReference thesaurus: synonyms, discussion and more
39. Acidulous Dragon Slayer Magic (水晶滅竜魔法, Suisho no Metsuryū Mahō) is a Caster Magic, Lost Magic, and Dragon Slayer style utilized by Corro Sharpe
40. Acidulous Dragon Slayer Magic Acidulous Dragon Slayer Magic incorporates the elusive element of Acid into Corro's body, taught to him by the dragon namedToxorath Toxorath
41. Acidulous •Callas, callous, callus, Dallas, Pallas, phallus •Nablus • manless •hapless, mapless •atlas, fatless, hatless •braless, parlous •armless
Acidulous, Atlas, Armless
42. Acidulous translation in English - French Reverso dictionary, see also 'acid',acidly',assiduous',audacious', examples, definition, conjugation
Acidulous, Also, Acid, Acidly, Assiduous, Audacious
43. Acidulous - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
44. Acidulous Meaning: "sub-acidic, slightly sour" (of cream of tartar, oranges, etc.), 1766, also used figuratively for… See definitions of Acidulous.
Acidulous, Acidic, Also
45. A.Word.A.Day--Acidulous (a-SIJ-uh-luhs) This week's theme: Words from chemistry
46. Here we can find springs with various mineral ingredients, Acidulous spring water containing carbon dioxide, hot and even radioactive springs
47. Acidulous Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Acidulous in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
48. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Acidulous in Urdu is تیز, and in roman we write it Taiz.
Are, Always, Acidulous, And
49. Acidulous: An uncommonly used adjective referring to a substance that is slightly acidic.
Acidulous, An, Adjective, Acidic
50. What Acidulous means in English, Acidulous meaning in English, Acidulous definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of Acidulous in English
51. We've got 0 rhyming words for Acidulous » What rhymes with Acidulous? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Acidulous.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
Meaning of acidulous in English. acidulous. adjective. uk /əˈsɪdʒ.ə.ləs/ us /əˈsɪdʒ.ə.ləs/. › sour or sharp in taste: a fruit drink with a pleasantly acidulous taste. › sharply critical or cruel: an acidulous portrait of the candidate.
moderately acid or tart; sharp; caustic: an acidulous critique. Not to be confused with: assiduous – constant; persevering; unremitting: assiduous investigation; continuous; tireless; diligent: an assiduous pursuit of perfection.
[From Latin acidulus, diminutive of acidus, sour; see acid .] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved. 1. slightly sour. 2. sharp; caustic: acidulous criticism.
The taste and odor of the mushroom are strongly acidulous. This example is from Wikipedia and may be reused under a CC BY-SA license. A profusion of yew trees kept one side of the house in perpetual shadow, staining the wall with green acidulous mould.