1. Allay: [verb] to subdue or reduce in intensity or severity : alleviate.
2. Allay synonyms, Allay pronunciation, Allay translation, English dictionary definition of Allay
3. Soften, assuage: lay to rest or lull into a sense of security: She tried to Allay her child’s fears.
4. Allay definition, to put (fear, doubt, suspicion, anger, etc.) to rest; calm; quiet
5. Synonyms for Allay: alleviate, assuage, ease, help, mitigate, mollify, palliate, relieve; Antonyms for Allay: aggravate, exacerbate
Allay, Alleviate, Assuage, Antonyms, Aggravate
6. If you Allay a strong emotion felt by someone, such as fear or worry, you cause them to feel it…
7. The Allay is a helper mob who loves to collect items
8. The Allay is the winner of the 2021 community mob vote
9. Allay's patented narrow band of green light is uniquely soothing to your eyes and brain, even when you're most sensitive to light
10. Discovered by a Harvard Medical School neuroscientist, Allay's precise light is calming during a migraine - or any time - helping you get back to reading, working, and being yourself.
Allay, Any, And
11. Allay products are formulated with raw, food-grade and organic ingredients in their natural state, allowing their living, healing attributes to penetrate and rejuvenate the skin
Allay, Are, And, Allowing, Attributes
12. As promised, Ali Zafar brings out another song in regional language and this time it’s the famous Sindhi Cultural Song ‘Allay’ in the voice of Ali Zafar, Uro
As, Ali, Another, And, Allay
13. R/Allay: A subreddit for the Minecraft mob Allay, which won the mob vote and will be added in the Wild Update sometime in 2022.
Allay, And, Added
14. Allay: 1 v lessen the intensity of or calm Synonyms: ease , relieve , still Types: abreact discharge bad feelings or tension through verbalization Type of: comfort , console , solace , soothe give moral or emotional strength to v satisfy (thirst) Synonyms: assuage , quench , slake Type of: fill , fulfil , fulfill , meet , satisfy fill or meet
Allay, Abreact, Assuage
15. Because other wavelengths of light can irritate your eyes, make sure the Allay Lamp is the only source of light in the room
16. Find 33 ways to say Allay, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Allay, Along, Antonyms, And, At
17. What does Allay mean? The definition of Allay means to make better or decrease something that is unpleasant
18. Allay (v.) Middle English alegen, from Old English alecgan "to put, place, put down; remit, give up, suppress, abolish; diminish, lessen," from a-"down, aside" (see a-(1)) + lecgan "to lay" (see lay (v.))
Allay, Alegen, Alecgan, Abolish, Aside
19. Peppermint also helps to Allay nausea and acts as a soothing sedative to induce relaxation and sleep.: Health bosses now hope to Allay concerns by doing more detailed work on the pathfinder projects.: General Atlantic also moved to Allay fears that open outcry would suffer from its involvement.: Laughing gas is used by doctors and dentists as an anaesthetic or analgesic to numb pain, sedate
Also, Allay, And, Acts, As, Atlantic, An, Anaesthetic, Analgesic
20. Allay definition: If you Allay someone's fears or doubts , you stop them feeling afraid or doubtful
21. [with object] 1 Diminish or put at rest (fear, suspicion, or worry) ‘the report attempted to educate the public and Allay fears’
At, Attempted, And, Allay
22. ‘The President and his family, in an attempt to Allay public fears, got shots on prime-time television.’
And, An, Attempt, Allay
allay (verb) · allays (third person present) · allayed (past tense) · allayed (past participle) · allaying (present participle)
Short & Simple Example Sentence For Allay
To alleviate; to abate; to mitigate; as, to allay the severity of affliction or the bitterness of adversity."It would allay the burning quality of that fell poison." [ Shak.] synonyms: To alleviate; check; repress; assuage; appease; abate; subdue; destroy; compose; soothe; calm; quiet. See Alleviate.
Nouns for allay include allay, allayer, allayers, allaying, allayings, allayment and allayments. Find more words at wordhippo.com!