1. Definition of as a matter of fact in the Idioms Dictionary
2. What does as a matter of fact expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.
3. Synonyms for AS A MATTER OF FACT: actually, admittedly, forsooth, frankly, honestly, indeed, really, truly
As, Actually, Admittedly
4. Find 108 ways to say AS A MATTER OF FACT, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
As, Along, Antonyms, And, At
5. As a matter of fact definition: You use as a matter of fact to introduce a statement that gives more details about what Meaning, …
6. Yes, as a matter of fact, I had been given kind of the death sentence back at the beginning of the year
7. Everyone did quite well on their own, as a matter of fact, and I was extraneous, to say the least
8. I was at that show and, as a matter of fact, I saw your bike getting smashed
At, And, As
9. Synonyms for as a matter of fact include really, actually, truly, in fact, in reality, in truth, in actual fact, in point of fact, to tell the truth and as it happens
As, Actually, Actual, And
10. Find clues for As a matter of fact (8) or most any crossword answer or clues for crossword answers.
As, Any, Answer, Answers
11. As A Matter of Fact is a blog by and for the audio-loving, fact-finding, truth-seeking, pop-culture-fiending, news-addicted librarians of the world
As, And, Audio, Addicted
12. As a matter of fact synonyms, as a matter of fact pronunciation, as a matter of fact translation, English dictionary definition of as a matter of fact
13. A reader from Brazil asks for clarification on the expressions “by the way” and “as a matter of fact,” having heard that they are interchangeable expressions to be used when a person wants to change the subject of a conversation
Asks, And, As, Are
14. ‘Yes, as a matter of fact, I had been given kind of the death sentence back at the beginning of the year.’ ‘I was at that show and, as a matter of fact, I saw your bike getting smashed.’ ‘Just tonight, as a matter of fact, we were up in Buffalo and we had a dinner of several hundred people.’
As, At, And
15. As a Matter of Fact I Do Have a Bow to Match Every Outfit Girls Custom Embroidered Shirt or Bodysuit: Bow Hunting, Archery, Arrow, Crossbow
As, Archery, Arrow
16. 194 other terms for as a matter of fact- words and phrases with similar meaning
17. As a matter of fact: Etymology: (from Etymonline) also matter of fact, 1570s as a noun, originally a legal term (translating Latin res facti) , "that portion of an enquiry concerned with the truth or falsehood of alleged facts," opposed to matter of law.
As, Also, An, Alleged
18. "Actually" is an adverb which is often translated as "realmente", and "as a matter of fact" is a phrase which is often translated as "de hecho"
Actually, An, Adverb, As, And
19. As a matter of fact, I just got off the plane yesterday
20. Please watch this video to learn how to use the following English idiomatic expression: “As A Matter Of Fact”Download FREE eBook HERE and deal with your Flue
21. AS A MATTER OF FACT 'AS A MATTER OF FACT' is a 15 letter phrase starting with A and ending with T Crossword clues for 'AS A MATTER OF FACT'
22. As a matter of fact Significado, definición, qué es as a matter of fact: 1
23. "As a matter of fact, John came into the room while you were talking about him." "I'm not a poor worker
24. As a matter of fact, I'm very efficient." "Fact of the matter" means simply "the truth"
25. As a matter of fact expr expression: Prepositional phrase, adverbial phrase, or other phrase or expression--for example, "behind the times," "on your own." (in fact, on the contrary) en fait, en réalité adv adverbe: modifie un adjectif ou un verbe
As, Adverbial, Alit, Adv, Adverbe, Adjectif
26. As a matter of fact definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
As, At, And
27. Looking for as a matter of fact? Find out information about as a matter of fact
28. The term should not be Explanation of as a matter of fact
29. As a Matter of Fact Lyrics by General Public from the All the Rage album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more: Matter of order As a matter of fact First to get told Last to get asked Just mind your ass When the buck gets passed Mi…
As, All, Album, Artist, And, Asked, Ass
30. As a matter of fact I'm hopping mad 'cause the bland lead the blind Wassamatter Wassamatter As a matter of fact? As a matter of fact Someone's been lying in my bed Roses to start with But now nothing in the garden grows It's all the same yes But it's not the person I know No no no Roses to start with But as a matter of fact It's no more than an
As, All, An
31. • The wife of a prominent banker, his own banker as a matter of fact, said the banker liked mashed potatoes
32. • You know as a matter of fact there is nothing as old as crookedness
33. • Saw her awhile back at the Community Theater, as a matter of fact.
Awhile, At, As
34. 2 synonyms for as a matter of fact: in fact, in point of fact
35. Translation of "as a matter of fact" in Italian
36. Yes, as a matter of fact, it's too much for a human brain to handle
37. I'm not sure you can make a hard and fast rule here, but I'd say 'as a matter of fact' may tend to be used to add information in an argumentative or contradictory sort of way, whereas 'in fact' would tend to be used to add information to the previous statement in a way that somehow emphasizes it
And, As, Add, An, Argumentative
38. As a matter of fact, the use of ductwork for air supply is less evident for natural ventilation systems
39. ‘Yes, as a matter of fact, I had been given kind of the death sentence back at the beginning of the year.’ ‘I was at that show and, as a matter of fact, I saw your bike getting smashed.’ ‘Just tonight, as a matter of fact, we were up in Buffalo and we had a dinner of several hundred people.’
As, At, And
40. Synonyms for 'as a matter of fact': namely, incidentally, furthermore, anyhow, anyway, not to mention, even so, the fact that, in any case
As, Anyhow, Anyway, Any
41. "In fact" is a phrase which is often translated as "de hecho", and "as a matter of fact" is a phrase which is also often translated as "de hecho"
As, And, Also
42. Learn more about the difference between "in fact" and "as a matter of fact" below
About, And, As
AS A MATTER OF FACT [as a matter of fact]
"As a matter of fact" is a fixed English phrase. The expression means "in reality" or "actually.". It's used especially to correct something (such as a misunderstanding or false information). "John has left this country and is nowhere to be found.".
The adjective matter-of-fact is hyphenated and describes something or someone as having little to no dramatic emotion when speaking about potentially upsetting things. Note that this does not mean a lack of all emotion, but it means that the individual is not letting his or her emotions get the better of him or her.
Matter of fact means that relating or adhering to mere facts only and it lacks emotion or color. Generally, matter of fact is demonstrable as a fact. It is the matter that influences the denial of a declaration, and not in avoidance of it.
matter-of-fact, prosaic(adj) not fanciful or imaginative. "local guides describe the history of various places in matter-of-fact tones"; "a prosaic and unimaginative essay". Synonyms: matter-of-fact, pragmatical, commonplace, humdrum, unglamourous, unglamorous, pedestrian, prosaic, prosy, pragmatic, earthbound.