1. 32 synonyms of Avoid from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 59 related words, definitions, and antonyms
Avoid, And, Antonyms
2. Avoid: to get or keep away from (as a responsibility) through cleverness or trickery.
Avoid, Away, As
3. Avoid elude; keep away from; shun Not to be confused with: ovoid – egg-shaped Avoid elude, escape; shun; prevent from happening: Avoid a possible accident by crossing only on the green light
Avoid, Away, Accident
4. Avoid definition, to keep away from; keep clear of; shun: to Avoid a person; to Avoid taxes; to Avoid danger
5. Find 58 ways to say Avoid, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Avoid, Along, Antonyms, And, At
6. 69 synonyms for Avoid: prevent, stop, frustrate, hamper, foil, inhibit, head off, avert, thwart, intercept
7. Synonyms for Avoid include circumvent, shun, bypass, circumnavigate, keep clear of, stay away from, steer clear of, dodge, evade and give a wide berth to
Avoid, Away, And
8. The Crossword Solver found 200 answers to the Avoid crossword clue
9. Avoid 'Avoid' is a 5 letter word starting with A and ending with D Crossword clues for 'Avoid' Clue Answer; Stay clear of (5) Avoid: Fail to hit (5) Dictionary usage advisory (5) Stay away from (5) Keep one's distance from (5) Sidestep (5) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Avoid
Avoid, And, Answer, Advisory, Away, Answers
10. Avoid - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
11. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Avoid [sth/sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (stay away from) esquivar⇒ vtr verbo transitivo: Verbo que requiere de un objeto directo ("di la verdad", "encontré una moneda")
12. Avoid - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
13. What does Avoid mean? To keep away from; evade; shun
14. To prevent something bad from happening Road safety is taught to young children to Avoid road accidents
15. It is important to take measures to Avoid the risk of fire
16. Avoid doing something The refugees left to Avoid getting bombed
17. The Avoid Plug-In is a quick and effective way of protesting against child labour
Avoid, And, Against
18. Avoiding products that are associated with the exploitation of children forces manufacturers to tighten up their control procedures
Avoiding, Are, Associated
19. In this blog post I will show you how to Avoid creating unnecessary apply to each loops in Power Automate which can slow down your flow and make it harder to read
Avoid, Apply, Automate, And
20. To Avoid someone, or to be unwilling to do something, because you are nervous, afraid, or not confident
Avoid, Are, Afraid
21. Avoid definition: If you Avoid something unpleasant that might happen , you take action in order to prevent Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Avoid, Action, And
22. Avoid can help you talk to students about the risk of vapes with an evidence-based prevention toolkit
Avoid, About, An
23. To Avoid this sea of fire, the travellers had to pursue their course close along the foot of the mountains; but the irritation from the smoke continued to be tormenting
24. View in context A BOSS who had gone to Canada was taunted by a Citizen of Montreal with having fled to Avoid prosecution.
25. A danger foreseen is half-Avoided proverb Being aware of a danger helps you to prepare and Avoid the full brunt of it
Avoided, Aware, And, Avoid
26. See also: danger Avoid (someone or something) like the plague To consciously stay
27. Those aren't structures with 'Avoid' and an infinitive (as a single structure)
Aren, Avoid, And, An, As
28. The only structure that combines 'Avoid' with what is to be Avoided is 'Avoid' plus the -ing form
29. 'Avoid' goes with the words before, and the infinitive goes with the words after
Avoid, And, After
30. Definition and synonyms of Avoid from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
31. This is the British English definition of Avoid.View American English definition of Avoid.
32. Avoid something to Avoid conflict/confrontation; We must find a way to Avoid similar problems in future
33. The name was changed to Avoid confusion with another firm
34. Avoid doing something They built a wall to Avoid soil being
35. Find 58 ways to say Avoid, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus
Avoid, Along, Antonyms, And, At
36. Above all, Avoid drawing attention to yourself.Sobre todo, evita llamar la atención
Above, All, Avoid, Attention, Atenci
37. The best way to Avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.La mejor forma de evitar …
Avoid, Anything, Anyone
38. Microsoft blocks another way to Avoid Edge within Windows 11
39. Avoid This Common Relationship Trap, We're Begging You Making assumptions about your partner's motivations isn't a good idea.
Avoid, Assumptions, About
40. Take it from me: If you want to Avoid becoming a car hoarder, step one is to stop looking at for-sale listings
41. – A dreadful atmosphere Saturday morning was turning into something special by the afternoon, but Oklahoma was somehow able to Avoid being on the wrong of history
Atmosphere, Afternoon, Able, Avoid
42. : to prevent the occurrence of (something bad, unpleasant, etc.) He tried hard to Avoid accidents
43. Avoid verb conjugation to all tenses, modes and persons
Avoid, All, And
44. Search the definition and the translation in context for “ Avoid ”, with examples of use extracted from real-life communication
45. To Avoid these unexpected results, always start the function with an equal sign
Avoid, Always, An
46. 1 day ago · Hip Hop artist Afrika Bambaataa appears to be hiding out to Avoid facing a lawsuit related to child molestation allegations against him
Ago, Artist, Afrika, Appears, Avoid, Allegations, Against
47. 1 to prevent something bad from happening Avoid something The accident could have been Avoided
Avoid, Accident, Avoided
48. The name was changed to Avoid confusion with another company
49. Avoid doing something They built a wall to Avoid soil being washed away.
avoid (verb) · avoids (third person present) · avoided (past tense) · avoided (past participle) · avoiding (present participle)
English Language Learners Definition of avoid. : to stay away from (someone or something) : to prevent the occurrence of (something bad, unpleasant, etc.) : to keep yourself from doing (something) or participating in (something)
The definition of avoid is to keep something from coming near you, affecting you, or from happening to you. If during rush hour you take another route so that you will not be in heavy traffic, then that is an example of an action taken to avoid. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Avoid.".
avoid(verb) stay clear from; keep away from; keep out of the way of someone or something. "Her former friends now avoid her". Antonyms: face up, confront, face. Synonyms: deflect, head off, obviate, forfend, forefend, keep off, nullify, stave off, fend off, annul, void, debar, invalidate, ward off, quash, avert.
Answer Wiki. Avoidance is a fear based emotion and is resistance to what “is”. The opposite of fear is love. So the opposite of avoidance would be to embrace the situation. In other words accept the situation for what it is. Embrace it as truth and what is in the present moment.