1. Their: [adjective] of or relating to them or themselves especially as possessors, agents, or objects of an action.
Their, To, Them, Themselves
2. Their synonyms, Their pronunciation, Their translation, English dictionary definition of Their
3. Their definition, a form of the possessive case of plural they used as an attributive adjective, before a noun: Their home;Their rights as citizens;Their departure for Rome
Their, The, They
4. Their, there, and they're are all pronounced the same way.Their is the possessive pronoun, as in "Their car is red"; there is used as an adjective, "he is always there for me," a noun, "get away from there," and, chiefly, an adverb, "stop right there"; they're is a contraction of "they are," as in "they're getting married."
Their, There, They, The
5. The trio of Their, there, and they’re can flummox writers of all levels
The, Trio, Their, There, They
6. What does Their mean? (possessive) Belonging to, from, of, or relating to, them
Their, To, Them
7. (pronoun) They will meet tomorrow at Their convenience; this
They, Tomorrow, Their, This
8. There, Their, and they’re are the big trio of commonly confused words
There, Their, They, The, Trio
9. Their is a possessive adjective and indicates that a particular noun belongs to them
Their, That, To, Them
10. "Sam and Jan are heirs of Their parents' land and possessions as Their legal heirs." "Their things were broken." Compare to "Our things were broken." Yes, it shows possession
Their, Things, To
11. "I see Their flowers are blooming in Their garden."
12. The "correct" spelling of Their according to one angry, lonely, and rude "college graduate" from Suffolk, Virginia that called the Suffolk Times news editor to correct him.
The, Their, To, That, Times
13. This page has examples to explain the difference between there, Their, and they're
This, To, The, There, Their, They
14. And when they come to Their senses in the land to which they were taken, and they repent and plead with You in the land of Their captors, saying, 'We have sinned and done wrong; we have acted wickedly,' Psalm 60:2 You have shaken the land and torn it open
They, To, Their, The, Taken, Torn
15. Their only hope is that there will be someone to let them in once they’re there
Their, That, There, To, Them, They
16. Since Their plane was two hours late, they’re glad to finally get there
Their, Two, They, To, There
17. There was a long wait before Their luggage arrived at the gate, but they’re finally ready to depart.
There, Their, The, They, To
18. The only bait he could find was a bright red blossom from a flower; but he knew fishes are easy to fool if anything bright attracts Their attention, so he decided to try the blossom
The, To, Their, Try
19. Felipa left them to Their family outing and returned to the house.
Them, To, Their, The
20. Find 5 ways to say TheirS, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
To, Theirs, Thesaurus, The, Trusted
21. Understand the difference between there, Their and they’re with these rules and examples.
The, There, Their, They, These
22. According to an old legend, Their is treasure buried on that island
To, Their, Treasure, That
23. Welcome to the easiest way to learn how to use there, they're, and Their! See the grammar rules below, then test yourself with the quiz at the bottom of the page
To, The, There, They, Their, Then, Test
24. You should also master the use of to, too, and two! If you want to learn how to tell the difference between there, they're, and Their, then
The, To, Too, Two, Tell, There, They, Their, Then
25. There, Their and they’re are homophones, and they can be tricky ones, too
There, Their, They, Tricky, Too
26. Their, There, or They're? Their is a possessive pronoun
Their, There, They
27. The confusion between Their, there, and they’re occurs because the three words are pronounced in similar ways
The, Their, There, They, Three
28. But there are very simple rules to know which one to use: If the word means "belonging to them," use Their
There, To, The, Them, Their
29. Do not confuse Their and there: Their is a possessive determiner, used for example in they all tried to hide Their faces and said nothing, while there is an adverb of place or position, as in I took a trip up there last week, and is used in phrases such as there is/are: we are aware there are problems.
Their, There, They, Tried, To, Took, Trip
30. Their is used as a possessive determiner (followed by a noun), being a possessive form of they
31. Test yourself with our free English language exercise about 'There, Their & They're'
Test, There, Their, They
32. Their, they're and there are homophones that often confuse people
Their, They, There, That
33. Watch this short clip to revise when you should use Their, they're or there
This, To, Their, They, There
34. Get to grips with the homophones Their, they're and
To, The, Their, They
35. Their definition: You use Their to indicate that something belongs or relates to the group of people, Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Their, To, That, The, Translations
36. A lesson on when to use each form of the words there, Their, and they’re
To, The, There, Their, They
37. While 'Their' means belonging to them, they're is a contraction which stands for 'they are'
Their, To, Them, They
38. Test yourself with our free English language exercise about 'They, Them, Their & Theirs'
Test, They, Them, Their, Theirs
39. Answer (1 of 9): [What is the difference between ‘Their’ and ‘ Theirs’?] Their is a possessive adjective or, more correctly, a posessive determiner
The, Their, Theirs
40. Like an adjective it describes or qualifies a noun, for example books in the following sentence: “These are Their books.” Theirs is …
The, These, Their, Theirs
41. Example: Michael and Lola left Their car at home as it was a fine night
42. Under the threat of losing Their jobs, hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers finally got a Covid-19 vaccine
The, Threat, Their, Thousands
43. Their is a easy way to remember, you decompose the "are"
Their, To, The
44. In this example, they're his no "are" so the sentence his correct : can I do what Their doing ? They just share they're knowledge
This, They, The, Their
45. Singular (I me my mine you your yours he him his she her hers it its) plural (we us our ours you your yours they them Their Theirs) Examples 4
They, Them, Their, Theirs
46. More than 4 million Americans quit Their jobs in August alone
47. 'Their' usually functions in sentences substantially as an adjective, but technically, "Their" is the possessive case of the third person plural personal pronoun
Their, Technically, The, Third
48. Here are 3 secrets on how male porn stars enlarge Their penis: Behind the Scenes
49. Solution: Until the platforms change Their interface, Bailenson recommends taking Zoom out of the full-screen option and reducing the size of the Zoom window relative to the monitor to minimize
The, Their, Taking, To
50. In fact women in these parts of the world completely despise men from other parts of the world because of Their normally small penises as compared to the local men.
These, The, Their, To
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word theirs. That which belongs to them; the possessive case of they, used without a following noun. th ārz, poss. of they. [Like hers, ours, yours, a double genitive containing a plural suffix r + a sing. -s.
The nouns people (meaning more than one person) and police are always plural: People say that the police are investigating the case. People can refer to a nation, religion or race, in which case it is considered as a singular noun and can be used in a singular or plural form: They are a welcoming and hospitable people.
they / their (singular) Using the plural pronoun to refer to a single person of unspecified gender is an old and honorable pattern in English, not a newfangled bit of degeneracy or a politically correct plot to avoid sexism (though it often serves the latter purpose).